[Prep: 5min / Cook: 40min]
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups rice
- 1 can cream of chicken and mushroom or cream of chicken and herb soup
- 1 cup water
- black pepper
1. Boil the rice.
2. Meanwhile, either grill or boil the chicken. Boiling is best for chicken that shreds easily, but takes longer.
3. Preheat the oven to 350/400F.
4. Cut up the chicken and mix together with the rice, soup, water and a hefty dose of black pepper.
5. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and pour the mixture in. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
6. Ready to eat!
- If you want to add a bit more umph to this dish, you can add some veggies like onions and mushrooms or peas and carrots.
- This also comes out quite nicely on the stove-top. Instead of baking, mix all of the ingredients together in a big bowl and stir for a few minutes until it reaches the consistency you prefer.
- And, if you're like me and stuck in a place where you have to travel for an hour and pay €3 for a can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken & Mushroom, you can easily whip up your own. Just substitute 1 cup of chicken broth for the water or dissolving a chicken stock/bullion cube in the cup of water. Then just mix it with a cup of typical mushroom soup.