This all-in-one meal gets dinner done!
- bow tie (farfalle) pasta... about 2 cups dry
- 1/2lbs+ of ground beef (.2 to .3kg)
- 8oz. can of tomato sauce or paste
- 8oz. of whipping cream
- fresh, raw spinach
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- garlic powder
- onion powder
1. Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain.
2. Spray a large saucepan lightly with cooking spray and begin browning the beef over medium-high heat with a dash each of garlic and onion powder.
3. When the meat begins to change color, add the tomato sauce and cream.
4. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and let simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
5. Stir in the cooked pasta, cheese and spinach.
6. Pasta is finished when the cheese melts and the spinach begins to wilt.
- A lot of people like to drain the fat from their beef. I prefer to buy lean beef so I can skip that step and let the meat cook in the sauce. To drain your beef, cook it fully first (about 5-10 minutes 'til there's no more pink) then remove it to a bowl or plate lined with a paper towel for a few minutes before putting it back in the pan with the sauce.
- How much cheese and spinach? I throw both in by the handful, but start with about 1/2 cup of cheese and 2 cups of fresh spinach and add on from there as you please.
- To make this dish a more rounded meal, add chopped onions, tomatoes and mushrooms!