Here's another great Greek chicken recipe to add to our collection, compliments of Rani (you may recall his veggie soup in February).
[Prep: 15min + overnight / Cook: 10-15min]
- 2 chicken breasts
- about 1-1.5 Tbs olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- lemon zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1.5 Tbs fresh chopped oregano (and he means fresh)
- 1 Tbs fresh chopped basil
- 1 Tbs chopped parsley
- dash of salt and pepper
- stack of metal or wooden skewers
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Mix all other ingredients in a large plastic bag.
- Add the cubed chicken to the bag and toss to coat. Let marinade in the refrigerator as long as possible (overnight is best).
- Skewer the cubes and grill over high heat. You'll need to cook them for about 3 minutes on each side, turning 1/4 turn 4 times.
- Ready to eat!
- Rani recommends using a cast-iron pan to pan-fry/grill the skewers. Cast-iron pans get really hot and yield really juicy kabobs.
- Be cautious when using wooden skewers because they will scorch and burn. It's always a good idea to let wooden skewers soak in water before cooking.
- Pita bread with hummus dip
- Spinach salad with feta cheese, tomatoes and olives